Thursday, July 3, 2008

Awakening and unfolding

I feel like today is the first day of the rest of my life. Like the lotus blossom unfolding its petals to a higher connection in life, so too do I feel that way. Its tendrils linked to the earthy muck below it, yet knowing there is so much more out there to explore and aspire to. I suppose that is why the lotus blossom appeals to me so much. I took the top picture that accompanies Marlotus Muses at Garfield Park Conservatory last summer. I was in a sketching class, and chose this flower as my companion for much of the day. I love to take photos that call to me on a deeper level. I also feel that we are all one in this life, so enjoy giving human form and feelings to everything around me, which comes through in my writings.

3 comments:

Soulsearcher said...

I am so glad that you are posting on your blog. I enjoy your writing as well as your art.

Lin said...

Oooh--such a lovely flower! I really like this! Did you enhance the color?

Glad you are posting on your blog. Now Frank will have to change the name!

butterfly woman said...

And I enjoy sharing all of me now. The flower (the rose?) may have been tweaked slightly in photoshop, but I usually don't stray too far from the original photo.
And Lin,
Frank has changed the name and maybe it's psychological but I feel happier and without the blogging blocks I have been facing. Frank's a taskmasker but in subtle ways he gets me going.