Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Gremlins Meet a Fairy!


"Halloween Gremlins Meet a Fairy"
Watercolor, digital art tools

It started out simple enough. A cute ittle fairy on a flower that begged to be shared here. I like creative cutsy outlets these days. Suddenly, it seemed a prankster invaded my being and I was pressing computer buttons and experimenting like there was no tomorrow. Every painting tool in the book was tapped into and explored here. The flower petals were created using a pattern brush tool, a handy little texture device. I tried to then undo some brush strokes and repaint others and had no luck. There was no going back!

So it's Halloween and I figured the spirits and ghosts and boogy men were up to their tricks. In fact, if you look closely, you might see some little haunty beings nestled into the background. I rather like the thicker paint strokes on some areas; there appears to be a 3D effect. And the flower heart on the fairy's center seems to please me. So, I'm not totally mad, just more amazed at the letting go of it all that I seemed to experience. All in all, experimenting and playing without thoughts involved.

I bet this little Fairy is ready to run for the hills, I mean Woods and go hide under a toadstool or something. Glad she was patient and tolerant with my antics today. Hope you all have fun with Tricks and Treats and laugh and dance through the pumpkin patch!

3 comments:

Doris said...

Well she doesn't look tormented. She must be very patient. Wonder if we'll see her again?

butterfly woman said...

Yes, she's been a good model for me, allowing creative exploration all around her. And she will be back, sooner than you think, sitting calmly on a butterfly, as it soars into the heavens above.An adventurer this fairy is, not willing to go the safe route.I love her spirit!

Suz said...

You were possessed!?!?

How funny....and nice